- RSS Channel Showcase 6674962
- RSS Channel Showcase 2626637
- RSS Channel Showcase 7496497
- RSS Channel Showcase 5970156
Articles on this Page
- 06/23/16--01:52: _Darwin 4WD, Camping...
- 06/23/16--17:53: _The Tiwi Remembers ...
- 06/23/16--19:22: _Bryce Fullwood sets...
- 06/26/16--17:59: _Think of your pets ...
- 06/26/16--18:51: _Scalpers selling Wi...
- 06/27/16--19:07: _Frock up for Kakadu...
- 06/28/16--18:23: _Shannon Noll return...
- 06/29/16--18:32: _Country music star ...
- 06/30/16--18:10: _Cat Empire headline...
- 07/03/16--18:32: _Australian Women's ...
- 07/03/16--21:11: _Darwin Lions Beer C...
- 07/04/16--23:26: _AFL National Female...
- 07/08/16--03:48: _AC/DC's bassist rea...
- 07/08/16--03:57: _Season 7 of Game of...
- 07/11/16--03:39: _'Love over Hate' pr...
- 07/11/16--19:37: _Last minute Ladies ...
- 07/14/16--01:37: _Game of Thrones for...
- 07/14/16--01:56: _Adele hits back at ...
- 07/14/16--18:30: _Mick Jagger to beco...
- 07/14/16--22:20: _Family fun at the K...
- 06/23/16--01:52: Darwin 4WD, Camping and Outdoor Expo
- 06/23/16--17:53: The Tiwi Remembers Open Day
- 06/23/16--19:22: Bryce Fullwood sets sights on V8 Supercar future
- 06/26/16--17:59: Think of your pets this Territory Day
- Do not take your pets with you to fireworks displays.
- Ensure your pet is registered.
- Keep your pet indoors or in an area where they cannot escape.
- Reduce the sound by shutting windows and doors.
- Camouflage the sound with the television or radio.
- Give your pet plenty of water, they may become very thirsty when stressed.
- 06/26/16--18:51: Scalpers selling Wiggles tickets for $450 each
- 06/27/16--19:07: Frock up for Kakadu Gala Ball and support CareFlight NT
- 06/28/16--18:23: Shannon Noll returns to Darwin for Territory Day
- 06/29/16--18:32: Country music star to perform at Mindil Beach Territory Day concert
- 06/30/16--18:10: Cat Empire headlines Territory Day concert
- 07/03/16--18:32: Australian Women's Rugby 7's in Darwin
- 07/03/16--21:11: Darwin Lions Beer Can Regatta returns to Mindil
- 07/04/16--23:26: AFL National Female Talent Search comes to Darwin
- 07/08/16--03:48: AC/DC's bassist ready to quit
- 07/08/16--03:57: Season 7 of Game of Thrones delayed
- 07/11/16--03:39: 'Love over Hate' preaches Stevie Wonder
- 07/11/16--19:37: Last minute Ladies Day fashion tips
- 07/14/16--01:37: Game of Thrones for beginners with Samuel L. Jackson
- 07/14/16--01:56: Adele hits back at Pizza diva demands
- 07/14/16--18:30: Mick Jagger to become a dad...again
- 07/14/16--22:20: Family fun at the Katherine Show
The Tiwi Remembers Open Day and commemoration of the Tiwi Islanders contribution to WWII in the Northern Territory takes place today.
The Open Day will feature the unveiling of a life size bronze statue of Matthias Ulungura to commmemorate the capture of the first prisioner of war on Australian soil.
Greg and Ali spoke to Military Historian Dr Tom Lewis about the significance of the event on Wake Up. Take a listen to their chat here.
Bryce Fullwood is the first Territorian to race in a V8 Supercar of any kind since 2010.
The Darwin go kart champion jumped straight from go karts in to a V8 Supercar in 2015, with his first race at the Clipsal 500 Adelaide at just 16.
He is now on the mission to seek sponsorship to race professionally and spoke to Greg and Ali about his upcoming ride day at Hidden Valley. Take a listen to their chat here.
This Territory Day, July 1, take some simple steps to ensure your pet's safety and comfort.
Animals have a much broader range of hearing than humans and fireworks can cause pets to flee to try to escape the noises.
You can ensure your pet is safe by taking the following steps.
Losing a pet can be very stressful for the entire family, but if you follow the steps above you can help to ensure your pets stay at home, safe and sound.
Kakadu Tourism is hosting the inaugural Kakadu Gala Ball to support CareFlight NT on Saturday 9 July, 2016.
To be held at the Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel in Kakadu, the Gala Ball will be a pinnacle fundraising event to support 30 years of service to the community by CareFlight NT.
The evening promises exquisite food, entertainment and an auction to raise funds and support the Northern Territory's first, and only, fully dedicated emergency and medical and search/rescue helicopter.
Many donations have already been received to auction off and Kakadu Tourism is still seeking support from local businesses. To make a donation or reserve a table contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Kakadu Tourism
Shannon Noll returns to Darwin this Friday for a special Territory Day gig at Marlow Lagoon in Palmerston.
The former Australian Idol contestant will perform all his hits at a free family concert marking Territory Day on July 1.
He spoke to Greg and Ali about his gig and upcoming studio album. Take a listen here.
Legendary country music singer Kasey Chambers will perform at the Mindil Beach Territory Day concert tomorrow night.
A regular visitor to Darwin, Kasey told Greg and Ali on Wake Up fans could expect to hear all her favourite hits during her gig with the Cat Empire. Listen here for more.
One of Australia's greatest party bands, The Cat Empire, will perform in Darwin tonight as part of Territory Day celebrations.
Their stop in Darwin is part of The Cat Empire's global tour in support of their album Rising With The Sun. Band leader Felix Riebl spoke to Greg and Ali on Wake Up about their visit. Take a listen to their chat.
The Australian Women's Rugby Sevens team arrived in Darwin over the weekend for a week-long training camp. The team heads to the Olympic Games in Rio as the No.1. seeds and head coach Tim Walsh will announce the 12 players selected to represent Australia on Thursday July 14 in Sydney.
You can see the women in action at NT Rugby, 71 Abala Rd Mararra Monday (4/7) 2.30 - 5.30pm and Thursday (7/7) between 5.30 & 6.30pm.
Everyone at Mix 104.9 wishes the team all the best in Rio.
Iconic Territory event, the Darwin Lions Beer Can Regatta, returns to Mindil Beach on Sunday 17 July.
Featuring events for all ages in the water and on the beach, this year money raised goes to Downs NT to increase the employment of young adults, to Cancer Council NT to help fund a replacement vehicle for patients and the Mindil Beach Surf Lifesaving Club.
There's still time to build a boat. To register visit Beer Can Regatta
Territory women are being encouraged to register and participate in the AFL National Female Talent Search.
A national women's competition will take place in 2017 with Territory women to play a crucial role in partnering with the Adelaide Crows.
Tomorrow, July 7, local women can participate in the talent search in Darwin designed to give female athletes who are currently active in other sports the opportunity to test their footy skills and fitness.
Melbourne captain and AFL Female Ambassador, Daisy Pearce, will lead the session in Darwin at the Michael Long Learning and Leadership Academy from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
Registrations close 11:59pm tonight. For more information contact the AFL.
It's been a rough couple of years for AC/DC, as the band has seen three of its core members -- guitarist Malcolm Young, drummer Phil Rudd and singer Brian Johnson -- replaced in the lineup because of health and/or legal issues. Now, longtime AC/DC bassist Cliff Williams has revealed that he's planning to retire from the group when its current Rock or Bust tour comes to an end.
"It's been what I've known for the past 40 years, but after this tour I'm backing off of touring and recording," he tells the Florida-based magazine Gulfshore Life. "Losing Malcolm, the thing with Phil and now with Brian, it's a changed animal. I feel in my gut it's the right thing."
Young was forced to retired from the band in 2014 after being stricken by cancer and dementia. Rudd was replaced by ex-AC/DC drummer Chris Slade after he was arrested later that same year on charges of drug possession and threatening to a colleague. Johnson, of course, was replaced this year by Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose after doctors advised him to stop performing live immediately or risk losing his hearing.
Williams, who joined AC/DC in 1977, says he never could have predicted how successful the band became.
"When you start out, you kind of hope for success," the 66-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer tells Gulfshore Life. "That's what you are working for. But you never really know. It's been surreal, really."
Game of Thrones may not be back next April -but later in 2017, according to showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
“We don’t have an airdate yet,” the pair said in a podcast with UFC.
“We’re starting a bit later because at the end of this season, ‘Winter is here’ — and that means that sunny weather doesn’t really serve our purposes anymore. So we kind of pushed everything down the line, so we could get some grim, grey weather even in the sunnier places that we shoot.”
The news comes on top of questions about the episode count, with word there are just 15 more episodes to come over two seasons.
With just hours until thousands of fillies converge on Fannie Bay for Bridge Toyota Ladies Day, Greg and Ali turned to Territory stylist Jo Moo and Darwin Cup Carnival Ambassador Leanne Scott-Toms for last minute fashion advice.
Take a listen to their tips here.
With only two seasons remaining in the biggest, most watched TV series on television you may want to have a revision of what's been going on. Who better than Samuel L.Jackson to give his commentary of six seasons in eight minutes. WARNING: LANGUAGE
It seems rumors of Adele being a pizza diva have been grossly exaggerated. The singer set the record straight at her Chicago concert this week, after a story surfaced claiming she made a staffer drive 140 miles to get her pizza.
“First of all, I wouldn’t make anyone do that. That’s ridiculous,” she said in a fan-captured video.
She then addressed the second part of the bogus story, which stated that by the time the staffer returned, she had fallen asleep and didn’t even eat the pizza.
“I would never order pizza and then eat it cold,” she said. “I wouldn’t do that…If I ordered pizza, I’m gonna consume it.”
This weekend take a trip down the Stuart Highway to Katherine for a great family day out.
The Royal Katherine Show is on today and tomorrow and not only showcases the best of the region but also the district.
This year the Show promises a traditional array of fun and frivolity for the whole community such as the Australian Championship chainsaw woodcarving, a vintage car display, Holden verses Ford ute challenge, fireworks, face painting, kid's cooking club and dog agility trials.
For more information visit Katherine Show