This Territory Day, July 1, take some simple steps to ensure your pet's safety and comfort.
Animals have a much broader range of hearing than humans and fireworks can cause pets to flee to try to escape the noises.
You can ensure your pet is safe by taking the following steps.
- Do not take your pets with you to fireworks displays.
- Ensure your pet is registered.
- Keep your pet indoors or in an area where they cannot escape.
- Reduce the sound by shutting windows and doors.
- Camouflage the sound with the television or radio.
- Give your pet plenty of water, they may become very thirsty when stressed.
Losing a pet can be very stressful for the entire family, but if you follow the steps above you can help to ensure your pets stay at home, safe and sound.